[Zope] ZMI manage main and zpt to provide reasonable view of content type

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Wed Aug 3 14:29:07 EDT 2005

Hi.  I have been working on a product in that works with filesystem
content for CMF.  I have my content types developed and they are all
registered and working fine but my hitch has to do with edit and views
screens.  I want to emulate the way that the ZMI handles things because
the manage_main screen is smart enough to display an edit area if
content type is text/html etc. while it will display binary files
without an edit area etc.

Where is manage_main for ZMI located to look at what it is doing so
that I can potentially emulate its behavior in my edit and view ZPT?  I
am not certain how many behaviors it has based on the type it gets -
maybe there are really only a few.

Alternatively, if there are suggestions on what I could do in my ZPT to
display the right view based on the object's content type, this would
be quite welcome.  I don't want to resort to constructing a list of all
content types (mime types)  and testing against these so am hoping I
can hook into zope's functionality that is already doing this for ZMI.
Many thanks.

David