[Zope] Zope 2.8 and conflict errors

Maciej Wisniowski maciej.wisniowski at coig.katowice.pl
Wed Aug 3 17:02:53 EDT 2005

> I've lost context here... is this good or bad? ;-)

> > I'm keenly interested in your results, so
> > please let me know.

I've just send my results ;)

Good or bad... it depends. It's much better than
it was with Zope 2.8.0, it is better than with
Zope 2.7.2 but it is not perfect because
errors are still here.

Our application will have about 500 users or more.
Of course they won't be working simultaneously and
app will be running on much faster machines than
one used for tests but I suppose that some errors
will appear.

For me these results seems really good.
Another good thing is that the SQLRelayDA is going
to be more stable than DCOracle2 and is even faster
than DCO2. I have almost ready products, scripts and
changes to SQLRelayDA that can convert application
from DCO2 to SQLRelay with one click and we are
going to resign from DCO2, but still more testing
is necessary.

Previously you've written that:

"Zope 2.8.0 ships with a "TemporaryStorage"
implementation (used by sessions in the default
configuration) which does not implement MVCC.
The one in 2.8.1 (now in beta) and better will
implement MVCC"

so I hope that maybe next
Zope 2.8.x release will be using MVCC for OOBTree
(if this is the point?). Does anybody know
something about that?

--
Maciej Wisniowski