[Zope] MVC Approach

bruno modulix bruno at modulix.org
Thu Aug 4 05:04:32 EDT 2005

Thomas Adams wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm a newbie to Zope, using version 2.7.3 (okay it is not the newest one)
> and I want to know if there is something
> like a MVC approach available for Zope, i.e. Model-View-Controller
> approach, as it is for instance in Java with  the Struts framework from
> Apache.

(snip description of MVC à la Struts)

> To transfer this appraoch to Zope, I'm not sure:

Nope, use ZopePageTemplates instead. DTML is useful for non-html
templating (css, Javascript, SQL etc), but it's an horror when it comes
to html IMHO.

> Controller:
> PythonScripts?

You could get away with Python scripts, but Zope product(s) might be
your best bet. Note that a single Zope Product can be composed of
multiple classes, external methods, templates etc...

> Models:
> I'm absolutely not sure, Pluggable brains?

Why ? This goes into the product too. Understand that a Zope product is
not restricted to a single class, and that not all classes in a Zope
product needs to be persistant or whatsoever.

My 2 cents
--
Bruno Desthuilliers
Développeur