[Zope] FTP Failures on new install

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Thu Aug 4 11:28:51 EDT 2005

I've having trouble getting FTP working on a new Zope install. All other
Zope functions appear normal, but I'm unable to transfer files _to_ Zope
via FTP. I can use FTP to download files from the Zope server and can
create new directories on the server. But attempts to transfer files to
the server all result in "426 Error creating file" errors.

> ftp> put test.html
> 200 PORT command successful.
> 150 Opening ASCII connection for test.html
> 426 Error creating file.

The problem is not a firewall problem; I can reproduce it with local ftp
sessions and with no firewall in place.

I've tried several Zope versions from 2.6 to 2.7.7. All have the same
problem. Common to the attempts is that they were all source builds with
Python version 2.3.3 (#1, Mar 10 2004, 06:42:32) [GCC 3.3.2] on Solaris
10 on a dual-Opteron Sun V20Z. I'd be happy to update the Python version
if anyone thinks that might cure the problem.

Thanks! Steve McMahon