[Zope] Installation of login_html Fails

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Aug 4 13:51:34 EDT 2005

ktmi at earthlink.net wrote at 2005-8-3 21:21 -0600:
>I cannot figure out what permissions to give folders/objects that will allow Zope to add the login-html file programatically.

It depends on the type of object you want to add.

Adding is usually protected by a permission of
the form "Add XXXXs", e.g. "Add Page Templates", "Add Python Scripts", ...
What "Add" permissions are available can easily be seen at the
"Security" tab of a folder.

> "Error Type: Unauthorized
>Error Value: You are not allowed to access login_html in this context

This error message seems to indicate that "login_html" was
created but you are not allowed to access it...

>Here is the python code called to add the boilerplate login_html to the newly created folder:
>****************************
>     id=userid
>     doc = getattr(personal_folder,id)
>     copy_info = container.personnel.personnel_temp.manage_copyObjects('index_html')

The plural form in "manage_copyObjects" is there for a purpose.
Try: "...manage_copyObjects(['index_html'])" instead...

>I'm stumped, tried changing every permission can think of, doesn't work.  It all works fine other than this, and I really don't want to have to add the "login_html" file manually for hundreds of users...

Whenever you see errors, go to the "error_log" object (in Zope's Root Folder
ZMI) and look at the traceback.

In order to see a traceback for "Unauthorized", you need to reconfigure
"error_log" (and remove "Unauthorized" from the list of ignored exceptions).

--
Dieter