[Zope] Speed Problems with IE6 on German Version of Windows XP Pro SP2

Neil Vaidya nvaidya at keithley.com
Fri Aug 5 10:05:19 EDT 2005

Hello All,

Has anyone come across any problems with their site or a site using Zope,
specifically with Plone, when browsing using IE6?

Whenever someone from our German office tries to access our sites, the
localized sites or the main .COM site they are running into a problem
where it will take easily 1 minute or more to load the page, this is occuring
about 50% of the time when they try to go to a page on our site. They are
using the German version of Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP2 with IE6. This
problem only seems to occur when using IE6 because they installed Firefox
and their was no problem. They tried a Windows 2000 machine then with
IE6 and it had no problems at all. It appears that somehow the German
version of IE6 on XP Pro SP2 is having some sort of problem.

Sites Include:
http://www.keithley.com
http://www.keithley.de

I have tried to replicate the problem or issue here at our main office in
Cleveland but on all of our computers installed with the standard US
English version of XP Pro SP2, Windows 2000, Windows 98, and Mac OS X
I can not come across the same problem.

Has anyone seenm heard of this problem before, or have an idea of what
the cause or a solution might be?

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions!

- Neil