[Zope] Zope 2.8 and conflict errors

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 17:50:09 EDT 2005

[Tim Peters]
>> Offhand it looks OK to me, but I don't have any of the code you're
>> using.

[Maciej Wisniowski]
> I think that it's not my code problem but rather something with
> DCOracle2 and to reproduce this error it is enough to call
> any 'DCOracle2 StoredProcedure' object simultaneously
> by a lot of users (50 is enough for my Zope (ZEO) to cause these
> errors).

Sorry, I'm not making myself clear:  I don't have _any_ of the code
you're using, including DCOracle2.  I don't use it -- and I don't have
time to try to figure out how to use it.  But I know the code paths in
ZODB on the way toward calling _p_resolveConflict, and if I did have
the code you were using, this is what I'd do:

>> If you want to dig deeper, look into what happens inside
>>    lib/python/ZODB/ConflictResolution.py

> I'll try to check this, thanks for the hint. :)

It's the only way you'll figure it out ;-)