[Zope] large installations and conflict errors

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Mon Aug 8 10:46:44 EDT 2005

I can't provide any specific advice but you may want to read the
"Scaling Zope" proposal that this points to:

http://www.plope.com/Members/chrism/scalingzope/view

Note that sessions are a frequent source of conflict errors.  If you use
them, you may want to upgrade to Zope 2.8.1, which has MVCC for the
(eliminates read conflicts) for the storage that backs sessions by
default.

Write operations are pretty hard to optimize away.  One possible
optimization if your bottleneck really is the catalog is to use
a-QueueCatalog-based portal_catalog instead of a straight-ZCatalog-based
one.  See http://cvs.zope.org/Products/QueueCatalog/ for more info.

- C