[Zope] localhost:8080 not found on windows

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Tue Aug 9 06:20:54 EDT 2005

Hi Michael,

Apols for delay in replying - been on the hoof.

michael nt milne wrote:
> Thanks for the advice. Yes I've looked at everything mentioned here.
> Localhost is in the hosts file. Zope has started as a service. I've
> changed the hosts file to include localhost:8080/manage etc.
>
> Yes this is a set-up on Windows Small Business Server and it also has
> an Exchange webmail service running as well.
>
> The web server is IIS 6.0.
>
> Enterting http://<domain> or <IP>/exchange
>
> gives the login for the exchange service, however localhost:8080 or
> 127.0.0.1 etc gives page not found.
>
> Do I need to set-up a website under IIS or a virtual directory?

Absolutely not - if IIS and Zope are on different ports, they are two
entirely separate beasts.

Does your SBS install include ISA server?

- If so, you will probably need to tweak it.

- If not, I would try looking at logfiles and/or changing Zope's port.

Honestly, this is usually v. easy - either the service is having
problems or there is something else on that port (it's often used by web
application servers, e.g. Tomcat, as a default).

HTH - Let us know where you're at.

--

Regards,

PhilK

Email: phil at xfr.co.uk
PGP Public key: http://www.xfr.co.uk
Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518

"You'll find that one part's sweet and one part's tart:
say where the sweetness and the sourness start."
- Tony Harrison