[Zope] Benchmark ZOBD compared to RDBMS

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Tue Aug 9 10:58:12 EDT 2005

--On 9. August 2005 16:44:56 +0200 Tino Wildenhain <tino at wildenhain.de>
wrote:
> I'd suggest to actually store your objects to find out.
> But storing is only half the work. Retrival and update,
> as well as schema extension, concurrency etc. are more
> interesting. Just storing means a plain mmapped file will
> sure outperform any RDBMS :-)

The basic question for choosing RDBMS over ZODB: do you have strong or weak
relations between your data. The ZODB is good for dealing with objects that
have no or weak relations to each other.  If you have strong and complex
relations between your data better use a RDBMS. SQL is perfect for dealing
with such data...there is nothing similar you can do with Zope or the ZODB.

-aj