[Zope] Re: howto i18n?

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 10 09:58:49 EDT 2005

Hi Vlada,

> for now I use the Zope 2.7.5 tarball. I write freelance (not bound in a
> product) page template and wish it to be i18n'ed. I have appropriate
> tags inside and the domain set at the top. There is also Plone with its
> products in that instance.
>
> Where should I put the PO files, so the messages can be substituted?
Normally you have to put them inside a i18n folder located in your
product tree. However, according to your message, you don't have a
python product, so, I guess, you have to look for the plone's i18n
folder and put your PO files there. The only problem I see here is that
you have to remmember it every time you update plone.

I'm not sure if this would work: you could try to create a dummy folder,
let's say MyTranslations, inside the Products folder of your instance.
Then create an empty __init__.py file and add a 18n folder to put your
PO files.

Regards,
Josef