[Zope] Zope on Solaris

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Thu Aug 11 23:35:26 EDT 2005

--On 11. August 2005 17:44:00 -0400 Brian Sullivan
<briansullivan at gmail.com> wrote:

>> From what I can determine Zope does or should run on Solaris on a Sun
> server. Is that assumption correct.
>
> Can anybody point to any resources or have any comments/opinions--
> like what versions of Zope/Solaris seem to be compatible, any special
> issues/requirements?

As Tres said, Zope runs out-of-the-box on Solaris...f*cking slow...but it
runs. Sun hardware is nice and stable but this is maybe the only reason to
run Zope on Solaris (but only on the ZEO server side). Sun hardware is
always outperformed  by decent PC hardware for ZEO clients.

-aj