[Zope] Zope 2.8.1 on Mac OS X tiger Server

Garito garito at sistes.net
Wed Aug 17 07:03:06 EDT 2005

Hi all!

Yesterday I install Zope 2.8.1 on a Mac OS X tiger Server and all goes ok

The only question I can't configure is the automatic boot up

I read some how-to's but they don't work

At /System/Library/StartupItems I create a folder called Zope with 2 files:

Zope with these contents:

#!/bin/sh

##
# Zope Web Application Server
##

. /etc/rc.common

StartService ()
{
    if [ "${ZOPESERVER=-NO-}" = "-YES-" ]; then
        ConsoleMessage "Starting Zope"
        /var/zope/sistes/bin/zopectl start
    fi
}

StopService ()
{
    ConsoleMessage "Stopping Zope"
    /var/zope/sistes/bin/zopectl stop
}

RestartService ()
{
    if [ "${ZOPESERVER=-NO-}" = "-YES-" ]; then
        ConsoleMessage "Restarting Zope"
        /var/zope/sistes/bin/zopectl restart
    fi
}

RunService "$1"

and StartupParameters.plist with these content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
     <key>Description</key>
     <string>Zope web application server</string>
     <key>OrderPreference</key>
     <string>None</string>
     <key>Provides</key>
     <array>
             <string>Zope Server</string>
     </array>
     <key>Requires</key>
     <array>
             <string>Web Server</string>
     </array>
</dict>
</plist>

With these 2 files zope doesn't start at boot time. For that question I
try another StartupParameters.plist:

{
  Description     = "Zope WebServer";
  Provides        = ("Zope WebServer");
  Requires        = ("Web Server");
  OrderPreference = "None";
  Messages =
  {
    start = "Starting Zope WebServer Service";
    stop  = "Stopping Zope WebServer Service";
  };
}

but It doesn't work too

Can anyone help me?