[Zope] ZEO troubles on RedHat EL4 Linux

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Aug 17 15:55:35 EDT 2005

Andreas Krasa // WUW wrote at 2005-8-16 18:37 +0200:
>ERROR: checkMultipleAddresses
>(ZEO.tests.testConnection.MappingStorageConnectionTests)
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File
>"/usr/local/src/__zope__/Zope-2.7.7-final/lib/python/ZEO/tests/ConnectionTests.py",
>line 121, in tearDown
>    os.waitpid(pid, 0)
>OSError: [Errno 10] No child processes

I have seen similar errors happening non deterministically
in the presence of a "SIGCHLD" handler set to "SIG_IGN".
Such a handler causes the operating system to reap away
so called zombie processes and if the zombie no longer exists,
"waitpid" will fail.

Some *nix variants automatically pass the "SIG_IGN" down to child processes.
Our Debian and SuSE Linux versions do.
I had to change "Zope.Startup.run" not to use "SIG_IGN" as
"SIGCHLD" handler in order to avoid such problems.

In case, you run your tests with "zopectl test", you may
see this problem...

--
Dieter