[Zope] Zope and double-byte locales

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Aug 18 15:49:59 EDT 2005

Pascal Peregrina wrote at 2005-8-17 21:39 +0100:
>I would like to know if Zope supports locales like Japanese for example ?

Unlikely, but:

  As I understood, Toby Dickenson promoted (and implemented large parts of)
  Unicode support in Zope in order to support Asian websites.

If you need Asian websites, I would go for Unicode.

Zope's Unicode support is not yet complete.
For example, HTML Page Templates do not yet have a way
to specify the encoding. However, with XML (or XHTML) Page Templates,
Unicode is possible.

--
Dieter