[Zope] ZEO troubles on RedHat EL4 Linux

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Aug 18 15:32:39 EDT 2005

Andreas Krasa // WUW wrote at 2005-8-18 08:50 +0200:
>Btw. since this also happens on 5 other machines - all natively
>installed with RHEL4 - there actually might really be something wrong
>within the OS.
>
>Is that worth submitting a bug to RedHat? Or is ist more like a
>"feature"? ;)

The Linux documentation explicitly mentions that it is not
defined whether or not an ignored SIGCHLD is inherited by
child processes.

Thus, the Redhat behaviour at least conforms to the documention.

I would not call it a bug (also I had to change Zope code,
to get rid of the nasty side effects).

--
Dieter