[Zope] Moving Document Library Product

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 16:28:55 EDT 2005

[David]
>> The problem occurs when trying to paste [I/O Error: not enough space
>> on the device] the library (copy command seems to work) or import
>> (export seems to work).

[Dieter Maurer]
> Hmmm:
>
>  This verbal report does not at all fits to the traceback
>  below...
>
>  An "IOError: not enough space" is very different from an
>  "ImportError: No module named Splitter".
>
> In the future, please try to present consistent information
> (traceback and verbal description filling together).

Yup!

WRT "not enough space on the device" during a paste, I've heard of
this happening when the directory used by Python for temporary files
lives in (as it often does) a small partition.  A temp file created by
ExportImport.py can run out of disk space then.  Here's to find out
which directory Python uses for temp files:

[tim at ds9 tim]$ python
Python 2.3.5 (#1, Feb 16 2005, 10:31:52)
>>> import tempfile
>>> tempfile.gettempdir()
'/tmp'

If that's on a too-small partition, you can boost the partition size.
Or you can tell Python to use a different directory for temp files,
via setting an envar (TMPDIR should work for Linux boxes):

[tim at ds9 tim]$ TMPDIR=~ python
Python 2.3.5 (#1, Feb 16 2005, 10:31:52)
>>> import tempfile
>>> tempfile.gettempdir()
'/home/tim'