[Zope] Failure to install PIL on a Linux server

Dominik Wezel dominik.wezel at datenpark.ch
Tue Aug 23 08:52:36 EDT 2005

Tino,

> apt-get install python2.3-imaging
>
> ready.

Thanks anyway, but you probably didn't read the last section of my mail.
  Unfortunately, I *have* to find a way to do it manually.
FYI: It has to do with the way I set up Zope and various other stuff
around it.  Unfortunately, back then I needed a very upfront version of
Zope as yet unavailable through the debian package system, so I chose to
set it up manually; this led to the need for a particular python version
not available through the debian package system, so I set it up
manually.  Now the customer needs PIL on this manual setup.  Albeit I
tried to apt-get it, it didn't integrate at all with the other stuff.
Needlesds to say I don't want to setup another python version on the
same server, as mass storage capacity *is* an issue here).

Doing it right just now would be a hazard to a running server; I'm going
to wait for a necessary release change and then maybe set it up the
debian way.

For now, I need to go the way manually (or rather by foot =:)

--

So long, Dominik