[Zope] Re: manage_afterAdd quirks

Derrick Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Tue Aug 23 10:05:13 EDT 2005

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 01:25:22AM +0200, Philip Jägenstedt wrote:
| Hello!
|
| I'm trying to write a small filesystems based product which I'm calling
| MovieWorld. The main class (MovieWorld) inherits from ObjectManager and
| is to be configured to contain a folder with images and a index_html
| page template (so that it can be edited via ZMI if needed).

Note that your object does not need to contain an index_html object in
order to be edited in the ZMI.  In your MovieWorld class, put the
following:

    manage_options = OFS.Folder.Folder.manage_options

(be sure to 'import OFS' earlier in the module)

The manage_options object in the class defines what tabs will be shown
in the ZMI and what method to call when the admin clicks on the tab.

HTH,
-D

--
Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair
and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes.  Instead, it should be

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/            jabber: dman at dman13.dyndns.org