[Zope] Migration pains going to Zope 2.8

Richard Jones richardjones at optushome.com.au
Wed Aug 24 02:11:34 EDT 2005

I can't instantiate out Product, which is a bit of a hurdle :)

Our Product's registration looks like this (this function is invoked from the
Product's __init__.py):

def initialize(context):
    ''' Register the CGPublisher class '''
    context.registerClass(
        CGPublisher,
        permission=Perm.ADD_CGPUBLISHERS,
        constructors = (addCGPublisherForm, addCGPublisher, addValues,
            getMode),
        icon='www/CGPublisher.gif',
        visibility='Global',
        )

Unfortunately, the addCGPublisherForm template can't access the "addValues"
function. The specific error I get is:

 Error Type: Unauthorized
 Error Value: The container has no security assertions. Access to 'addValues'
  of (App.ProductContext.__FactoryDispatcher__ object at 0xb61d30cc) denied.

I tried adding some module security declarations:

    security = ModuleSecurityInfo('Products')
    security.declarePublic('CGPublisher')
    security = ModuleSecurityInfo('Products.CGPublisher')
    security.declarePublic('addValues')
    security.declarePublic('getMode')

to the initialize() function, but that didn't change anything. Any
suggestions?