[Zope] Zope 2.8.1 on Mac OS X tiger Server

Andrew Langmead alangmead at boston.com
Wed Aug 24 12:05:30 EDT 2005

On Aug 23, 2005, at 6:24 AM, Garito wrote:

> I try sudo /System/Library/StartupItems/Zope/Zope start but nothing
> happend (nor on console)
>
> but if I launch /var/zope/sistes/bin/zopectl start it works perfectly
>
> I try to comment the if and fi lines but don't work

I just want to make sure I point out to you, that little of this has
to do with Zope itself, and most of the audience of this list knows
little or cares little about the peculiarities of the MacOSX/Darwin
init environment.

One piece of information that I now realize that I forgot to put in
the previous message was that if you have the section "if [ "$
{ZOPESERVER=-NO-}" = "-YES-" ]; then" in your startup script, then
you probably have to put a line in your /etc/hostconfig that says
ZOPESERVER=-YES-. The bundles in /System/Library/StartupItems and /
Library/StartupItems tell the machine how to start services and in
what order, but the /etc/hostconfig file specifies which services are
desired for a particular machine.

If you want to diagnose the shell script in /Library/StartupItems/
Zope/Zope, you might want to try to run it with the bourne shell's
trace option, specified by the "-x" parameter.

sh -x /Library/StartupItems/Zope/Zope start