[Zope] ZEO on Windows

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Aug 24 14:43:22 EDT 2005

michael nt milne wrote at 2005-8-24 11:52 +0100:
>  Does anyone know if the 2.0.5 windows release of Plone includes ZEO?

Do you have installed it?

Then see whether the "Zope" part contains the folder "ZEO"
(usually in "lib/python"). If it does, then it contains "ZEO".

>Also does Zope 2.8 for linux
>have ZEO as standard.

Yes, I think so. Again: install and check whether the "ZEO" part is
there.

> Finally, if you don't run ZEO does this mean that Zope can only handle one
>request at a time?

No.

It only does mean that a single process can access your ZODB data.

A standard Zope process has 4 worker threads that can execute requests
in parallel.

Note, however, that even when you run on a multi-processor maschine,
the various Python threads may not be able to truely run
in parallel (a single process allows only a single thread to execute
Python code; other threads may wait on something external or execute
non Python (e.g. C) code, but they cannot execute Python code
truely in parallel).

--
Dieter