[Zope] Zope 2.8.1 on Mac OS X tiger Server

Garito garito at sistes.net
Thu Aug 25 07:27:51 EDT 2005

Andrew Langmead escribió:

> On Aug 23, 2005, at 6:24 AM, Garito wrote:
>
>> I try sudo /System/Library/StartupItems/Zope/Zope start but nothing
>> happend (nor on console)
>>
>> but if I launch /var/zope/sistes/bin/zopectl start it works perfectly
>>
>> I try to comment the if and fi lines but don't work
>>

> I just want to make sure I point out to you, that little of this has
> to do with Zope itself, and most of the audience of this list knows
> little or cares little about the peculiarities of the MacOSX/Darwin
> init environment.
>

> One piece of information that I now realize that I forgot to put in
> the previous message was that if you have the section "if [ "$
> {ZOPESERVER=-NO-}" = "-YES-" ]; then" in your startup script, then
> you probably have to put a line in your /etc/hostconfig that says
> ZOPESERVER=-YES-. The bundles in /System/Library/StartupItems and /
> Library/StartupItems tell the machine how to start services and in
> what order, but the /etc/hostconfig file specifies which services are
> desired for a particular machine.
>
> If you want to diagnose the shell script in /Library/StartupItems/
> Zope/Zope, you might want to try to run it with the bourne shell's
> trace option, specified by the "-x" parameter.
>
> sh -x /Library/StartupItems/Zope/Zope start

Sorry for the inconvenience but I don't know where to ask for these kind
of problems
If I search on Google about these there are few responses and very vague

I type your sh -x /Library/StartItems/Zope/Zope start with these response:

macmini:~ garito$ sh -x /Library/StartupItems/Zope/Zope start
+ . /etc/rc.common
++ set -u
++
PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/libexec:/System/Library/CoreServices
++ export PATH
++ . /etc/hostconfig
+++ AFPSERVER=-NO-
+++ AUTHSERVER=-NO-
+++ AUTOMOUNT=-YES-
+++ CUPS=-AUTOMATIC-
+++ NFSLOCKS=-AUTOMATIC-
+++ NISDOMAIN=-NO-
+++ TIMESYNC=-YES-
+++ QTSSWEBADMIN=-NO-
+++ WEBSERVER=-YES-
+++ SMBSERVER=-YES-
+++ SNMPSERVER=-NO-
+++ SPOTLIGHT=-YES-
+++ QTSSRUNSERVER=-NO-
+++ TIMESERV=-NO-
+++ WEBPERFCACHESERVER=-NO-
+++ ARDAGENT=-YES-
+++ SOFTWAREUPDATESERVER=-NO-
+++ HOSTNAME=www.sistes.net
+++ IPFILTER=-NO-
+++ MAILMAN=-YES-
+++ CRASHREPORTER=-YES-
+++ ZOPESERVER=-YES-
+ RunService start
+ StartService
+ '[' -YES- = -YES- ']'
+ ConsoleMessage 'Starting Zope'
you must be root to run ConsoleMessage
+ /var/zope/sistes/bin/zopectl start
. daemon process started, pid=22593

the pid is asigned but Zope doesn't work even if I delete the
ConsoleMessages

Thanks!!

--
Mis Cosas