[Zope] Re: StructuredDocument size reduced after 2.5.1 to 2.7.5 upgrade

John Schinnerer johnschinnerer at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 03:09:18 EDT 2005

Hello,

> John Schinnerer wrote:
> > I am using StructuredDocument objects in the custom products I am
> > migrating to 2.7.5 from 2.5.1.
> >
> > In 2.7.5 I am now getting an error
> >
> > Value Error
> > Maximum content length exceeded
> > Anyone have any idea why I'm getting this size-related error with
> > StructuredDocument only after migrating to 2.7.5?
> > And how to fix it, of course... :-?
>
> Sorry, but I cannot reproduce this problem with Zope 2.7.7 and large
> amounts of text in a StructuredDocument... can you send me a
> .zexp-Export of a StructeredDocument created with 2.5.1 which shows
> the
> behavior in 2.7.x? Maybe I'll can reproduce it and find the problem,
> but
> I don't think that it is related to StructuredDocument, because
> nearly
> all code is acquired from DTML-Document...

For any StructuredDocument object I have, it breaks at approximately
4490 chars (seems to vary by a few chars - maybe due to how many line
breaks...?).  Less works OK; more returns the above error.

My sysadmin did some serious digging and says the error message I get
appears in

/usr/lib/python2.3/cgi.py, lines # 142,272, and 511

he didn't find anything in the Zope code base that has this message.
So may be a python thing...?
Also says it looks like maxlen is getting mangled somehow (though the
default is unlimited?).

Attached is a zexp of the StructuredDocument object I just used to get
the estimate of where it breaks.

thanks,
John S.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs