[Zope] index_object() and bobobase_modification_time with different ZCatalogs

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu Dec 1 12:09:16 EST 2005

On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 04:44:41PM +0000, jens.walte at kk.net wrote:
> Hello,
>
> does anybody knows a different possibility to beware the bobobase_modification_time of the given object from the following code?
>

> def my_index_object(object, catalogs=['myPointerCatalog', 'mySearchCatalog']):
>
>     for cat in catalogs:
>         object.default_catalog = cat
>         object.index_object()
>
>     # set back to default
>     object.default_catalog = 'Catalog'

I don't know what "beware" means in this context.
If you are asking whether it is possible to avoid changing
bobobase_modification_time, the answer is no.
ZODB updates bobobase_modification_time on any change to a persistent
object, and there is nothing you can do to avoid this.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com