[Zope] why will FastCGI not be supported in the Future.

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Fri Dec 2 08:54:05 EST 2005

--On 28. November 2005 16:09:31 +0100 Andreas Jung <lists at andreas-jung.com>
wrote:

> I've seen lots of heavy loaded Zope sites - I've not seen a single one
> using FastCGI. Can you give us some number about the FastCGI performance
> compared to the standard mod_rewrite approach? Let numbers speak....But
> please read carefully...I wrote about deprecating the module but not
> about removing it as in my original posting. We want o make clear that
> FCGI is not supported.
> You are of course free to use it as long as you need.

Effective from Zope 2.9 I marked FCGI as deprecated - both in the
documentation and through a deprecation warning in the sources. Please note
that it does not mean that the FCGI might go away automatically in the
future. This is basically a reminder for people using FCGI that there is a
better way (in our opinion) to run Zope under  Apache than using FCGI.

-aj