[Zope] exUserFolder will not redirect to login page

Gaute Amundsen gaute at div.org
Fri Dec 2 12:56:08 EST 2005

On Friday 02 December 2005 14:46, Andrew Milton wrote:
> +-------[ Gaute Amundsen ]----------------------

<snip>
> | Sorry about that.
> | Thought I had checked that, but I must have mixed it up with
> | MysqlUserFolder, which setup alerted me to this whole mess.
> |
> | Will try an upgrade, but since MysqlUserFolder displays the same problem
> | I suspect I will be back shortly :-/
>
> Given there's two user folders giving you the same response, it's unlikely
> to be the same bug in two different user folder implementations :-)

My thoughts exactly. It's worth a try anyway at this stage, but I have not had
time for that yet.

> Since your index_html and docLogin both seem to require permissions to
> view,
No, no, and NO again. docLogin noes NOT require permission.
I can access it without problem. If I cold not this would probably be a simple
problem, and I would not be posting to the list.

> I would check to make sure that your 'header' and 'footer' items
> aren't doing something restricted.
>
> If you're using DTML, then I'd check that standard_html_header and
> standard_html_footer.
>
> Make sure that in addition to the 'View' permission that also the
> 'Access Contents information' permissions are set for Anonymous
> on headers, footers and docLogin (and index_html if required).

I am sorry, but I have been down that path numerous times, and it is all in
order.

I remove 'view' permission for anonymous from a folder or index.html file way
below acl_users, and I get the described problem when I try to access it.
I restore that permission, and everything displays properly.
If I go to acl_users/docLogin directly, I can log in with cookies, and
everything works fine. I believe that neatly eliminates the concerns you
raise here.

To be frank I really think my first post described the situation quite
precisely.

I do not think exUserFolder is faulty in any way, except possibly by our own
modification, but that is what I have to work with to try to figure out what
is going on.

I was hoping it would be a product that many would be familiar with, and that
as such it wold be a good reference point to grapple with the more general
principles. Noting beats assistance from the author of course,
but please don't insist on treating this as a newbee question :)

G.

  Gaute Amundsen               "Technology today is the campfire
  gaute at div.org               around which we tell our stories.
                                          There's this attraction to light
                                          and to this kind of power, which is
                                           both warm and destructive."