[Zope] Beginners Confusion

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Dec 6 05:17:06 EST 2005

Russell Winter wrote:
> If you have the time, could I bug you for another question directly, please.

Ask the list, always ask the list ;-)

> I have my main Zope instance, each primary team is going to have their own
> Zope Instance with Plone in their own Products directory.

You could look at the "third product directory" option that used to be
enabled by setting the PRODUCTS_PATH environment variable, should be an
option in zope.conf somewhere now...

> I have seen and read something that seems to relate to also being able to
> run multiple Plone instances within the same Zope server, but each Plone
> instance has its own folder (on the file-system) to store some of its files
> in as well as using the Zope Zope database, I am reading this correctly?

- yes you can have as many plone instances as you like in one zope instance

- they all run off the same software, so they will be the same version
of Plohn, etc...

- you can get them in different places on disk my using mounted
storages, you'll have to have a google and fiddle. This is part of the
standard zope software, read zope.conf ;-)

- mounted storages are still ZODB-based, there's no such thing as "file
system storage" ;-)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk