[Zope] Hooks for methods other than GET/POST on port 80?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Dec 6 14:39:27 EST 2005

Roman Susi wrote at 2005-12-5 16:51 +0200:
>Dieter Maurer wrote:
>This is what freezes Zope:
>
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/traceback.py", line 68, in print_tb
>    line = linecache.getline(filename, lineno)
>  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/linecache.py", line 14, in getline
>    lines = getlines(filename)
>RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded

I know of an error in Python's "linecache.py".

I am not sure whether this error causes an infinite recursion.
I doubt it. Instead, it probably raised another exception but maybe that
triggers the recursion in your application.

The error I know is caused by an inconsistent filename
in the "*.pyc" file. Usually, this filename is absolute,
but in some cases can be relative in a funny (not yet understood way)
and later confuse Python.

The problem I know disappeared when I deleted all "*.pyc" files.

--
Dieter