[Zope] Broken Pipe Error

Asad Habib ahabib at engin.umich.edu
Wed Dec 7 16:47:07 EST 2005

I am using Maik Jablonski's python script to convert from html to pdf in
conjunction with the htmldoc product. FYI, I am running Mac OS X
Tiger. When I run the script, I get the following error which is being
generated by line 20 of the script:

IOError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

line 20 is as follows: stin.write(html)

The script is as follows:

import AccessControl, os

def html2pdf(self):
 	""" html2pdf converts a HTML-Page to a PDF-Document """

 	securityContext=AccessControl.getSecurityManager()

 	if securityContext.checkPermission('View', self):

 		if self.meta_type=='Folder':
 			html =
self.index_html(self,self.REQUEST,self.REQUEST.RESPONSE)
 		else:
 			html =
self(self,self.REQUEST,self.REQUEST.RESPONSE)

 		(stin,stout) = os.popen2('htmldoc --footer " : " --webpage
-t pdf --quiet --jpeg -')
 		stin.write(html)
 		stin.close()
 		pdf = stout.read()
 		stout.close()

self.REQUEST.RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-type','application/pdf')

self.REQUEST.RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-disposition','inline;
filename="%s.pdf"' % (self.getId()))

 		return pdf

 	else:
 		raise AccessControl.Unauthorized