[Zope] "roles" argument to validate/ authorize

Gaute Amundsen gaute at div.org
Thu Dec 8 14:09:06 EST 2005

Can anyone tell me what the argument "roles" to the methods validate and
authorize is supposed to be?

This is sort of a followup to the thread about exUserFolder that Andrew Milton
got stuck answering all on his own (thanks :-), but I have a feeling there is
a more general explanation...

The reason I ask is that I suspect that a previous developer has done
something that has made "roles" contain 'Anonymous user' when it should not,
and that this interferes with the propper functioning of login at our sites.

Among other things we have our own virtual host system, and several products
including document types, so there is scope for a lot of things to
interfere... However, while no longer being a newbee at this, I have not yet
been able, to find a way to unravel where the "roles" argument originate, and
who could have touched it..

Regards.

Gaute Amundsen