[Zope] zope and LDAP for authorisation

Marinussen, M.J. (Ria) M.J.Marinussen at ewi.utwente.nl
Mon Dec 12 06:04:59 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm looking for a zope product that enables me to use our Active
Directory LDAP server for verification of login credentials only.
I want users still stored in Zope, and access to directories should be
also something I can handle in Zope, and I don't want to use LDAP groups
because I don't control the LDAP server and there are no groups on the
LDAP server I can use.

So really, all I want is that Zope checks the passwords with the LDAP
server instead of with it's own userfolder.
And perhaps, a possibility to check/search for the available loginnames
on the LDAP server when adding a user to the userfolder.

I've checked out LDAPUserFolder but that's not what I'm looking for (I
think...).

Does anyone know whether there is such a product, or give me some
poiners to adapt an exisiting product to my needs?

Thanks in advance,

Ria Marinussen
Webmaster
Faculty EEMCS,