Fwd: [Zope] zopectl or runzope just won't start zope

Qass qassair at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 13:58:40 EST 2005

Thanks for your reply fm.

The python version in my path is 2.3.5 and both
python and zope were build from source.  Zope is installed in /opt
which is where the python 2.3.5 is too.

I got rid of the zope instance I had running earlier and created a new
instance in my home directory.

Now when I run zopectl start from the /bin in the instance in my home
directory I get the following error:

. Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/zope-2.8.4/lib/python/zdaemon/zdrun.py", line 719, in ?
    main()
  File "/opt/zope-2.8.4/lib/python/zdaemon/zdrun.py", line 716, in main
    d.main(args)
  File "/opt/zope-2.8.4/lib/python/zdaemon/zdrun.py", line 243, in main
    self.run()
  File "/opt/zope-2.8.4/lib/python/zdaemon/zdrun.py", line 256, in run
    self.opensocket()
  File "/opt/zope-2.8.4/lib/python/zdaemon/zdrun.py", line 278, in opensocket
    sock.bind(tempname)
  File "<string>", line 1, in bind
socket.error: (2, 'No such file or directory')

I then tried to run 'runzope' and got the following which don't look
like errors:

/home/blah/zope/Products/PortalTransforms/TransformEngine.py:18:
DeprecationWarning: The module, 'Products.CMFCore.CMFCorePermissions'
is a deprecated compatiblity alias for 'Products.CMFCore.permissions';
 please use the new module instead.
  from Products.CMFCore import CMFCorePermissions
/home/blah/zope/Products/CMFCore/utils.py:629: DeprecationWarning:
format_stx() will be removed in CMF 1.6. Please use
StructuredText.StructuredText.HTML instead.
  DeprecationWarning)
/home/sra/zope/Products/kupu/__init__.py:23: DeprecationWarning: The
Zope package has been renamed to Zope2. Import of a package named
'Zope' is deprecated and will be disabled starting in Zope 2.11.
  import Zope
/home/blah/zope/Products/CMFFormController/__init__.py:25:
DeprecationWarning: The product_name parameter of ToolInit is
deprecated and will be ignored in CMF1.6: CMFFormController
  product_name='CMFFormController', icon='tool.gif',
/home/blah/zope/Products/GroupUserFolder/__init__.py:99:
DeprecationWarning: The product_name parameter of ToolInit is
deprecated and will be ignored in CMF1.6: GroupUserFolder
  , icon="tool.gif"
/home/sra/zope/Products/MimetypesRegistry/__init__.py:34:
DeprecationWarning: The product_name parameter of ToolInit is
deprecated and will be ignored in CMF1.6: MimetypesRegistry
  icon="tool.gif",
/home/blah/zope/Products/PloneLanguageTool/__init__.py:17:
DeprecationWarning: The product_name parameter of ToolInit is
deprecated and will be ignored in CMF1.6: PloneLanguageTool
  icon='tool.gif',
/home/sra/zope/Products/PortalTransforms/__init__.py:35:
DeprecationWarning: The product_name parameter of ToolInit is
deprecated and will be ignored in CMF1.6: PortalTransforms
  icon="tool.gif",
/home/blah/zope/Products/ResourceRegistries/__init__.py:20:
DeprecationWarning: The product_name parameter of ToolInit is
deprecated and will be ignored in CMF1.6: ResourceRegistries
  icon = 'tool.gif',
/home/blah/zope/Products/kupu/plone/__init__.py:31:
DeprecationWarning: The product_name parameter of ToolInit is
deprecated and will be ignored in CMF1.6: kupu
  icon="kupu_icon.gif",

I finally made it to the ZMI, moved the folders from the untarred
Plone tarball into the Products folder in the instance running in my
home directory and restart the zope instance using runzope. I expect
to see "Plone Site" in the drop down menu on the right but don't. I do
a "Plone Language Tool". Could you help me figure out why "Plone Site"
won't show up.

Thank you very much for your time.

Qass