[Zope] sessions in the presence of conflicts

Dennis Allison allison at shasta.stanford.edu
Thu Dec 15 01:33:28 EST 2005

Hi Davids.  Thanks for your note.  I remember your post.

No, I have not used HappySession although we looked at it when we started.
When we started development, sessions had just become part of the standard
release Zope and we decided that in the long run we'd be better off using
the release product.

As I've said in other posts, we use the session mechanism fairly heavily.
We have O(200) simultaneous interactive users each of whom has 40 or so
session variables which maintain the dynamic state of their instance.
Nearly every substantive operation touches one or more session variables.
Everything works most of the time,  but the error frequency is high enough
for it to be of concern.

I'm a bit cautious about moving to another sessioning system on a
sizable production system running 24x7.