[Zope] Re: error installing zope from source

Maurits van Rees news.maurits at xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 20 14:23:48 EST 2005

Op 2005-12-20, adeline nombre schreef <adelinenombre at yahoo.fr>:
>   the problem now is that when I do "make" there is this error
> message:" does not find file /usr/lib/python2.3/config/Makefile
> . And when I look in /usr/lib/python2.3/ , there is no directory
> "config".
>   I have python2.3.
>   my OS is debian sarge.
>   Do u have an idea about what I should do?
> thank you very much

I also have Debian Sarge and I *do* have a file
/usr/lib/python2.3/config/Makefile.  I see this file belongs to the
python2.3-dev package.  So you need to install that. ('aptitude install
python2.3-dev' or similar.)

When you install Zope from source, you may want to install python from
source too.  At least that's what I see recommended often.

--
Maurits van Rees | http://maurits.vanrees.org/ [NL]
            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/