[Zope] Zope LDAP connection

Ricardo Alves lafere at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 19:58:07 EST 2005

Einar Næss Jensen wrote:
> On 12/30/05, Ricardo Alves <lafere at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Is there any product that features LDAP connections in Zope. Just like
>>ZMySQLDA for MySQL databases (not a user folder).
>>
>>In a fast search, I found ZopeLDAP, but it was last released in 2000. Is
>>there someone working on ldap+zope "low level" stuff?
>

> What exactly are your needs? How low do you need it to be?
> If you just need to query an ldap base this is very easy to achieve
> via external methods and python-ldap. May also be used to alter the
> contents of an ldap base.

> However, http://www.dataflake.org/software/ldapuserfolder may also be
> used to alter the ldap database (at least I think so. Never tried)

Hi!

I need it to an archetypes ldap storage. CMFMember as an implementation
(don't know about any other) but it uses LDAPUserFolder, and I think the
storage should be more generic then that, i.e. should handle all kind of
content, not only members.

That's why, although I admit this storage can be the base for this work
(need a deeper look at it), I was asking if there are some working
"LDAPConnnection" product...

thanks, and best regards,

--ricardo