[Zope] Zope products and uploading files

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Feb 3 10:29:26 EST 2005

On 03.Feb 2005 - 16:49:43, Stephen Rudd wrote:
> Dear all
>
> At the moment I am creating a small zope product that is the web front end
> to a java pipeline. I have a form where I can upload a file and I can
> successfully place it anywhere within the Zope database by using
>
> context.manage_addFile(name,file,title)
>
> The file that is uploaded does not really want to be in zope - it should be
> somewhere on the local filesystem - I have tried to read the file contents

Hmm, the REQUEST has a FileUpload Object (or something similar) for
each file, this in turn has a member "data", which holds the actual
data. So you could just take that and pass it to a normal python file
I/O function (I don't know how these are called)...

To examine further members of the Object you could do something like

for member in dir(REQUEST['name_of_fileinput']):
	print member
return printed

Andreas

--
You will overcome the attacks of jealous associates.