[Zope] Re: Re: optimising Zope startup time

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Thu Feb 3 14:52:23 EST 2005

also sprach Paul Winkler <pw_lists at slinkp.com> [2005.02.03.2016 +0100]:
> It's really easy.

This it was. Wow, thanks.

I am submitting a patch to the Debian package to make the init.d
script start the ZEO server if the instance has been prepared for it
(by checking '-x bin/zeoctl').

One thing I wonder: when restarting with `z*ctl restart`, does it
matter in what order I restart?

> I don't know where Debian puts zope-related stuff,
> so if you're using their Zope packages you may have
> to use find or locate to figure out what's where.

Nah, everything like you said. :)

Thanks a lot.

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net

*** important disclaimer:
by sending an email to any address, that will eventually cause it to
end up in my inbox without much interaction, you are agreeing that:

  - i am by definition, "the intended recipient"
  - all information in the email is mine to do with as i see fit and
    make such financial profit, political mileage, or good joke as it
    lends itself to. in particular, i may quote it on usenet.
  - i may take the contents as representing the views of your company.
  - this overrides any disclaimer or statement of confidentiality that
    may be included on your message.