[Zope] Getting Properties of Objects in Folders Within Catalog Results

John Tynan john.tynan at riomail.maricopa.edu
Thu Feb 3 17:01:59 EST 2005

I am using the following script to get objects out of the catalog:

objects = []
results = []

for object in context.Catalog(meta_type='Folder'):results.append(object)
print results
return results

And I recieve the following results:
[<mybrains instance at 22E275B0>, <mybrains instance at 14AEC958> ]However, I would like to get information about objects within each of the folders that are returned (such as the id and description of images that are contained in the folders).

I know this information would not be part of each folder's entry in the catalog, but can it be obtained through aquisition -- perhaps if I know the path to the object?

Can this be done using a python script to query the catalog, and then dtml to access the namespace for each folder?

Thanks in advance,

John T.