[Zope] Re: Getting Properties of Objects in Folders Within Catalog Results

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Fri Feb 4 03:58:32 EST 2005

J Cameron Cooper wrote:

>> However, I would like to get information about objects within each of
>> the folders that are returned (such as the id and description of
>> images that are contained in the folders).
>>
> The getObject method on 'mybrains' will give you a handle to the object
> itself, which should be just as good as getting it through any other
> method.
>
> Note that you are waking up the objects when you do this.
>
> The alternate nasty way is to use restrictedTraverse on the path
> metadata on each object.

You can get the information you need working only in the catalog, by
using the getPath() method of the brain. (untested naturally)

results = []

for brain in catalog(meta_type='Folder'):
     print brain.Title
     path = brain.getPath()
     # this should get you every catalogued object in the folder
     for subbrain in catalog(path=path):
         print subbrain.Title
         print subbrain.Description

This will return all you catalogued content, so you might want to narrow
your search a bit.

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/