[Zope] Garbage characters in Firefox

Paul Kenniston paul at droppedpackets.org
Mon Feb 7 14:24:32 EST 2005

Hello:

New zope and plone user with things generally working.  Installed by
RPM, current versions are:

Mandrake 10.1
Zope 2.7.3-1
Zope Group User Folder 3.1.1-1
Plone-2.0.5-2
Apache 2.0.50-7.2.10

The only problem I'm having currently is that my site is either rendered
without any of the CSS formatting or images, or is rendered with half a
page of garbage characters (the main page as well as internal links you
might go to) when using firefox.  If I <shift>-reload the page, it then
comes up rendered properly every time.  Sadly, IE never seems to exhibit
this behavior-- it works every time.

One other configuration note....I am proxying the site through apache
using mod_proxy and the proxypass option in my vhosts conf file.
Obviously using the virtualhostmonter in conjunction with that
configuration.

I wasn't able to find anything in the archives or google to shed light
on it, so I'm hoping someone on the list has some recommendations.
Happy to post any configs anyone is interested in.  As a final side
note, I've dug into this from a plone and apache perspective and have
eliminated (I believe) as possible culprits (i.e., I see this behavior
when not proxying).

Thanks much,

Paul Kenniston