[Zope] AttributeError: RESPONSE ?!

Pascal Peregrina Pperegrina at Lastminute.com
Thu Feb 10 07:01:24 EST 2005

I can't see what could be wrong there , specially if the issue appears
randomly... :(

I just noticed that you are using python 2.3.5
Something strange is that your issue looks like one of the bugs that should
precisely be fixed in that new version :
Bug #1055820 Cyclic garbage collection was not protecting against that
calling a live weakref to a piece of cyclic trash could resurrect an insane
mutation of the trash if any Python code ran during gc (via running a dead
object's __del__ method, running another callback on a weakref to a dead
object, or via any Python code run in any other thread that managed to
obtain the GIL while a __del__ or callback was running in the thread doing
gc). The most likely symptom was "impossible" AttributeEror exceptions,
appearing seemingly at random, on weakly referenced objects. The cure was to
clear all weakrefs to unreachable objects before allowing any callbacks to
run.

I would suggest that you have a try on python 2.3.4

But someone else may have better ideas...

Pascal