[Zope] Why I must set security-property "Access contents information" to get Data from Database?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Feb 11 06:59:34 EST 2005

Dieter Maurer wrote:

> This would be the case, would ZPublisher use the standard traversal
> procedure.
> But, it fact, it does not do that. Instead, it traverses to
> the URL addressed target disregarding any security restrictions,

I'm afraid this is incorrect.

Create a folder called "hidden".
Change the Roles->Permission mapping on this such that only Manager can
do anything.
Now create a Page Template called "unhidden" within "hidden".
Change the Roles->Permission mapping on this such that Anonymous has
"Access contents information" and "View".

Now go to /hidden/unhidden in an unauthenticated browser...

Maybe you have some patches in place which affect this, but a normal
Zope server does not behave as you describe, and many people would be
pretty disturbed if it did...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk