[Zope] Splitting the "Add Documents, Images, and Files" permission

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat Feb 12 14:30:28 EST 2005

Ausum Studio wrote at 2005-2-12 04:42 -0500:
>I'm in the need to grant permissions to the three content types on a
>per-type basis. Has anyone had this same need and succeded at splitting this
>buit-in permission?
>
>Monkey patches welcomed  :)

You find the code responsible for these permissions
in "Products.OFSP.initialize".

It is quite difficult to change via a Monkey patch
(though easy to change directly).

The best approach I can think of (at the moment)
would be to make a new small product (say "MyOFSProduct")
and reregister there the object types you want to protect
with new permissions.
When you then create them via your new product, your new
permission will apply.

--
Dieter