[Zope] ssl certificate based authentication

BORGULYA Gergely ger at hksz.eszhok.bme.hu
Sun Feb 13 09:20:17 EST 2005

I would like to have the users of my site authenticated via ssl certificates.
Authentication works well with apache2, and I would like to have my zope
working behind the proxy module of apache. I would not find it neccessary to
leave the authentication to be done by apache, but I expect it to be
simplier.
I've found a product (SSL Certificate Authenticator Product), that uses
apache's authentication, but it is only able to pass userinformation via pcgi
connection to zope. I could not find any other zope product for this problem,
however, this way is mentioned in the zope Wikis, as a common authentication
method.
(http://zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/StandardAuthenticationService)

Is there a common (or uncommon) solution for this case?
The second level of my question is, how to do all this if I need the
advantages of the Groups User Folder?

thanks,
ger