[Zope] kInterbaseDA multiple connection

Konstantin E. Steuck phoenix_12 at ngs.ru
Sat Feb 19 07:56:42 EST 2005

Hello list, this is my first post here.

I'm running Zope connected to Firebird with kinterbasDA.
DB admin has recently told me that there were two active connections to
the base under Zope user while there's only one instance of database
adapter.

I've checked it by running netstat -a on Zope host, here's the output
--
tcp 0  0 zope_host:41838    db_host:gds_db ESTABLISHED
tcp 0  0 zope_host:41042    db_host:gds_db ESTABLISHED

The second connections appears short time after Zope restarts, so either
DA or kinterbase itself seems to lose active connection.
What's more interesting is that number of connections doesn't grow
anymore remaining at point of 2.

Has anyone encountered similar problem?

I'm using
Zope 2.7.2, python 2.3.4 on debian