[Zope] programatically adding acl user folder

Chris H chris123 at magma.ca
Sun Feb 20 16:02:26 EST 2005

Greets;

Found a nice program on the net that allows me to import users from
another app via xml-rpc and programatically create a new acl user folder
in zope. Now while this works seemlessly in 2.6.4 in 2.7x it functions
however I cannot enter the folder regardless of what role I have, from
the ZMI. Digging around in the code I find this statement at the very end.

----------------------------
security.declareProtected(ManageUsersPermission,'getUser')
    def getUsers(self):
        """Return a list of user objects"""
        return map(self.getUser,self.getUserNames())

Further digging on the net to try and get an understanding of this,  I
find Dieters comments here;
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2002-January/014715.html with a
summary of " "declareProtected" requires the wrapping"

Im wondering if this is the source of the problem or do I need to look
elsewhere?

/ch