[Zope] DTML html_quoting my JavaScript

Andrew Maclean andyjmaclean at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 21 03:38:17 EST 2005

Hi,

I've got myself into a problem with DTML.  The system I've been working on
uses a lot of JavaScript, which is stored in DTML methods.  After 14 months
of development, I have been asked to reproduce the installation on another
machine, where, unlike the original installation, all my <dtml-variables>
are html_quoted, rendering them useless.

According to the Zope book, <dtml-vars> are always html_quoted.  I know this
is not the case because for over a year I could successfully store
JavaScripts in DTML methods.  Then there is no html_unquote function.

I have considered just moving the data.fs file to the new installation but I
don't want to do that because

1) I want to know why this problem arose

and

2) It's future dated, so I can't pack this database without changing the
system time to a future date.  (if anyone knows how the date of the data.fs
can be modified please let me know)

I doubt I'm the first to use DTML to store JavaScript, so if anyone out
there knows how to stop it systematically wrecking the code, could you
please please please send me some advise.  Thanks,

Andy Maclean