[Zope] Zope and threads.

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Feb 22 14:44:16 EST 2005

Hi Pascal,

Pascal Peregrina wrote:
> I need to have some processing done in one thread, that will set some
> attributes of a (non persistent) object.
> This processing is completely independant from Zope objects.
>
> Zope objects (persistent or non-persistent) will only need to "read" data
> from this object.
>
> What would be the best way to do this (specially how to initialize my thread
> ?)

I'm afraid your question isn't quite clear enough to answer...

Sounds like you may want to put your non-persistent object in a module
variable and protect access to it with a python Lock object. As for
starting the thread, I guess you could try python's threading module,
but that doesn't feel right to me here...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk