[Zope] Zope and threads.

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Feb 23 03:19:43 EST 2005

Pascal Peregrina wrote:
>>From my product, I need to start a thread that will run the ZeroConf code,
> and ZeroConf data will then be accessible through a particular object of
> this code (the "listener" to be exact, as they call it in pyzeronf).

This sounds almost like you want to be running another type of ZServer.
Is this the same machine using the "mode_zope" setup though?

> I only got one issue : my product can be refreshed.

Well, it really shouldn't be refreshable ;-)
Seriously, this is the type of product that falls into the category of
"should not be refreshable". Chris provides what amounts to be a hack
that might make this work, but Refresh is a hack to stop you having ot
restart Zope when you make changes to python code, so two hacks don't
makea non-hack, or something...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk